Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Mom's busy painting today, so I thought I'd help her with this bloggie thing.

I'm Madison, the world's most spoiled dog.  

I've been thinking, "who could best share how to survive the dog days of summer than an actual doggie?"  I'm your girl!

(You probably don't know this, but I used to write funny newsletters with photos for my Sissies.  When they grew up and moved out on their own, I missed them being around.  On Father's Day, we chilled together just like old times. :-)

For 10 wonderful summers,
I've had the joy of scratching, fetching and swimming
 for days on end.  I do miss riding in the boat.
Hopefully it will be up and running again soon, with me perched like a statue at its bow... velvet ears flapping in the breeze.


Dog Days 101:


When it's really hot outside, you have to find your own shade.
You can't be picky, so don't complain.
Dig a hole if you must, because nothing cools a belly
faster than freshly turned garden dirt.

Speaking of the garden...

The garden hose... oh, the garden hose.  
*BEST... INVENTION... EVER!*  

Bet it's been a while since you've frolicked
 in its heavenly spray, hasn't it?  You're never too old!  
Dare to play again and drink deeply from its bounty.  

It will bring a child-like smile back to your face.

Works for me, every time.

There's so much I could share... about popsicles, cook-outs
 and walks in the park.

Whatever you choose to do, take someone you love along with you.  And if, like me, they have four feet.. all the better.

1 comment:

  1. Love my little Miss Moo! That picture of her *in* the garden is classic!

    ReplyDelete