Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Let It Snow!

(source)
There's something about seeing that 'ol calendar flip over to December.  After a dizzying, "where did the year go?" sensation passes, I long for the flurry of snowflakes swirling in crisp, cold air.

My family just loves to play in the snow.  
Skiing, sledding, ice skating, making homemade snow cream... please count us in!  
Unfortunately, here in southeast Virginia, we're much more likely to experience a balmy 65 degrees than enjoy a significant snow in winter.

Cold weather memories fill my mind, as I begin decorating for Christmas.  Half-tempted to break out the hot cocoa and marshmallows, even though I'm presently wearing shorts.

Yep, it's almost wintertime in Virginia.  Be sure to bring your flip flops!
 

1 comment:

  1. just checking in to see what you've been up to--i wanted you to know that i've missed hearing about the northern neck area and what you've been doing. giving you a shout out in my blog this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete